The oilheat industry in Wisconsin is encouraging strict measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Technicians and drivers are trained to employ social distancing and hygiene methods when interacting with customers, including the following:
- Avoiding direct contact with customers and maintaining the maximum distance possible: at least six feet.
- Whenever possible, relying on phone, text, email, teleconferencing, or other electronic communication methods to communicate with customers, instead of in-person conversations.
- If available, wearing facemasks and gloves on all service calls and following established glove and mask protocols, including proper disposal.
- If possible, sending delivery and service invoices by mail or switching to electronic invoicing instead of leaving invoices at the door.
- On service calls, if a customer has separate access to their heating system, trying to request in advance that the area be made available directly (opening bulkheads, cellar doors, etc.)
- Before entering a customer’s home, if anyone is present, asking if they or anyone in the household is sick in any way or experiencing symptoms, including fever, coughing and/or shortness of breath.
- Staying home if any COVID-19 symptoms are exhibited.
If you have any questions about deliveries or other services, please be sure to contact your local oilheat provider.