Here Are 10 Reasons
Folks in Wisconsin who live in a home that is kept warm by heating oil appreciate all of the benefits they get.
For example, the flame inside the heating oil system burns hotter than other types of systems. As a result, homeowners often report that their homes are warmer with a more evenly distributed heat when compared to their friends and neighbors who depend on other heating fuels to stay warm.
Heating oil consumers also know they have multiple choices about the company that delivers their oil. They have the freedom to select a company that best fits their needs and budget.
Wisconsin’s heating oil marketers are fiercely competitive, surviving on slim margins to provide quality products and services to their customers. It’s this ultra-competitive landscape that works to the customer’s benefit, ensuring the best possible prices and the highest quality of service and support.
Here are 10 more reasons why heating oil is a great way to go.
- The latest oil storage tanks are virtually leakproof. They’re constructed with corrosion-resistant galvanized steel and include a leak-detection system in case of emergencies.
- The development of ultra-low-sulfur heating oil and renewable Bioheat® fuel makes it possible for heating oil companies to deliver always-improving versions of heating oil.
- Contrary to what many people believe, heating oil will not burn in its liquid state and will not explode. In fact, if you were to drop a lit match into heating oil, the flame would go right out.
- Modern oil burners emit near-zero levels of pollution; heating with oil today means no odors, soot, or other residue in your home.
- Heating oil is very low risk when it comes to concerns about carbon monoxide. While malfunctions are rare, it’s worth noting that when they do occur, it’s usually due to a lack of maintenance. And if an issue happens to come up, the boiler or furnace will, in most cases, be shut off by the unit’s safety devices.
- Just a single gallon of heating oil provides an average of five hours of heat. Almost 140,000 Btu’s of heating energy are generated from every gallon of oil burned
- In a well-insulated home, an efficient, modern heating oil system can burn up to 40% less fuel than much older systems.
- When you upgrade your heating oil system to a more efficient one, you could be eligible for rebates.
- You’ll see a drop in your bill once you have an upgraded heating oil system that incorporates the latest fuel-efficient technology.
- Your heating oil company will always have an ample supply of fuel for your Wisconsin home. There are no worries about aging infrastructure interfering with the supply of heating energy to your home.
Read more about the benefits of heating oil.